does your hair look like a wig?

Re: does your hair look like a wig?

Postby CreativeOne » Thu May 26, 2011 2:19 am

I take baby hairs and place some along the perimeter and then keep the others back with the rest of the hair. There are dips in and out with single knots.
I had place one side behind my ear in the last pic of hairline above.
CreativeOne

Postby naturalmanenyc » Thu May 26, 2011 2:20 am

I have 2 on the way. I LOVES me some pillow soft, light as a feather, blowing in the wind KS HAIR. My older ones are tamed, wash n wear now.My most favorite is the custom I got from Epitome Hair (out of business). It's still beautiful. I think she is back on EBAY under a different name.
naturalmanenyc

Postby tdwillis » Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 am

I don't think it looks like a wig, my avatar is a pretty standard example of how my applications look. I agree I am 150 million percent better than when I started. However people know about lace wigs now so I would imagine that most of the time no, but if you are educated about lace wigs I think you would probably know for most people. I mean befreo I knew I never saw lace or hairlines on Beyonce and now I can spot it easily and her apps can be fierce. We just know what to look for.
I also agree about texture and color, I never venture out on a 1b or 2 for lace wigs, and I stick to Chinese Remy Light yaki but thats me.
tdwillis

Postby djanae » Thu May 26, 2011 2:21 am

im sure the last few weeks i have been looking like in heels. i could give a flying fig how my apps looked, i have been in so much pain but back to the drawing board tomorrow. i feel much better.i really want to tweak my hairline but i foresee a disaster and will be pissed messin up my 2 new units.AM are you leaving any lace out?
djanae

Postby MrsS » Thu May 26, 2011 2:22 am

when it was new I did leave some out using pinking shears. As it got older or frayed, I kept cutting it further back. Now there is hardly any at all. There is a little bit of fray in that unit if you look hard in the pic u can see it. I took my tiny scissors and cut it back.
MrsS

Postby Nubialady » Thu May 26, 2011 2:23 am

im going to cut the rest of the lil bit of lace off. now if i could find an adhesive combo that tolerates me i would be good.
Nubialady

Postby bellahoney » Thu May 26, 2011 2:23 am

Are you still using pinking shears to cut back the lace? I wonder b/c when I first joined everyone was talking about using pinking shears but when I see lots of used wigs for sale, they are just cut straight across, I had some pinking shears in my sewing kit but dunno where they went I wondered if I should try to find them for my new. I didn't like the medium brown lace I got b/c I could see it, I dunno if others could but it just wasn't disappearing against my skin, so this new one is light brown. Reading all the vendor descriptions with my complexion medium brown should've melted into my skin, so I wonder if the pinking shears would help?
bellahoney

Postby AllAboutMoi » Thu May 26, 2011 2:24 am

I like the fact that it does not cut a straight line all the way around your head, it's zig zags and then if you are careful removing it with lace release, there won't be a lot of fraying. With usage, you might see some fray and you will need to clip it back. Sometimes I use the pinking shears and sometimes I use those little itty bitty scissors.
AllAboutMoi

Postby SwingPrincess » Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 am

Mine just looks like a really really good weave. Particularly since one week i'll have straight and 2wks later I'm curly.....the blacks around me aint fooled. They know its not my hair, but just can't figure out how i did/do it. They are forever GLARING at my hairline/scalp though. good thing i'm tall.
SwingPrincess

Postby sharie » Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 am

Mine just looks like a really really good weave. Particularly since one week i'll have straight and 2wks later I'm curly.....the blacks around me aint fooled. They know its not my hair, but just can't figure out how i did/do it. They are forever GLARING at my hairline/scalp though. good thing i'm tall.
sharie

Postby ILuvWeave » Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 am

Exactly. That's why I always get the compliment that, "your hair looks so natural". Because that's exactly how I would wear it(my hair) if I had it.
ILuvWeave

Postby MsMiamiLady » Thu May 26, 2011 2:27 am

I can't believe this thread is still going, and using folks pictures that don't know it.. Confused Glad your back Sister Hollywood i hope you had a ball with pictures..and for the record I wear whatever texture i want, and YES IT LOOKS NATURAL ON ME and my features.. i've been using the pinking shears to cut the lace all the way back since 2005...
MsMiamiLady

Postby Cherrylicious2010 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:27 am

i think that is a little unfair... celebs are ok but random people Ouch Chill...
Cherrylicious2010

Previous

Return to Wigs