Sh*t I Hate About "Weave Gurus" on Youtube

Postby LovesLace » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

[b]Oh, loong does hair reviews vids for their sponsors now? [/b]
https:// .com/ v=iQwzLXJWIWk ;list=PLXiNBbo4KCWSHwDm3vg-m_z9e89x1n3aa ;index=5
[i][/i]
LovesLace

Postby miiszjanae » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

This is hilarious? One Youtuber said she didn't pay for the hair but she spent her time wearing the hair, answering questions and editing videos so she can sell it for whatever price she wants.
miiszjanae

Postby TokyoRose » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

PLEASE tell me the ex-loonger MissBossy hit you up with an email begging for hair. She has already been caught in a lie doing that to other hair sellers.
TokyoRose

Postby Nadiesca » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

http:// /ivy- _topic339342_page1.html
Thanks
Nadiesca

Postby Denyce X » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

And don't get me wrong, I don't mind working with people at all. I'll even approach someone if I feel it a good fit. But its just getting real about business.
Denyce X

Postby pRiNCesSChANeL » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I agree with this 100%,
But the newest thing that gets me is them setting up online stores and taking the hair that THEY got for FREEEEEE, and selling it for 2-3 hundred dollars !
Like wth its used and your going to charge regular price , Their subscribers eat it up though like its holy hair or something *rolls eyes*
I'm not hating, thats busineas I suppose , But still people go dumb stupid over some ffreaking hair!
pRiNCesSChANeL

Postby GphiD08 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes girl I saw one poison YTber do this and I was like WOW really? why not just give back to your subscribers and host a give away or if you gonna sell it why sell for damn near the price of some new hair.
Edit: I get the whole charging for reviews because at the end of the day it's business and some companies make a lot of money off of them, BUT selling hair you either get for free or you were paid to review is just Lame and tacky.
GphiD08

Postby Denyce X » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Someone just hit me up now with the same type email. I replied with all my press information.
They didn't even pay attention to it obviouly because they wrote back saying, "I cant review a product I do not have", um, did I say anything about reviewing a product I didn't send you? I don't think you read my link. Also in my link for PR, I tell them that if they want to review my product they need to mention in their review that they sought me out to review items. And that I am sponsoring them because of that. Bloggers need to keep it real that they are going around asking people/companies for free items. She also stated "companies usually give me free items and I review them" Forgot to mention you usually ask the companies for the items.
Also I will be reviewing them! Flipping the script! o ol. Any blogger that contacts me for a free item, after they are done with their review, I will be reviewig them, their site and how they handled the review and how they approached me and any other "my true opinions" as they all say. Hmm, no one will want to ask me if they can review my products anymore. I think this will "weave" out the real reviewers from the fake, What do yal think?
And no offense to the professional PR and bloggers, but we all know some people are just out for free items and I'm sorry but my time and money spent to send out free items are valuable.
Denyce X

Postby LadyUNowen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I don't trust "gurus', Period, All the hair ( at least from the videos I seem to click on) no matter what hair company, seem to be "great" no cons about a company nothing, Just trust you ladies and my gut when doing research.
LadyUNowen

Postby iyawo814 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I don't think most of them lie about the quality of the hair, , even though there are some thirsty ones out there that will do anything for a free weeave no matter how bad it is.

IMO, they are either (1) being sent the best batch of hair to review, or (2) reviewing the hair too soon to actually provide a serious/quality review.

I have purchased from PrincessHairShop based on the reviews of YT gurus. Though the customer service was great, the hair started acting a fool after, , .wait for it, , , 2-weeks,

Thank God I found loong?
iyawo814

Postby Brjasuga51 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

i learned how to flexi rod my weave from YT, , but paying to view videos, NOPESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Brjasuga51

Postby imfunsized » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I remember once I commented on a "gurus" video after she claimed she was wearing 100% Brazilian hair, I told her it was most likely Chinese hair processed, she said she didn't care it could be horse hair she was just happy to have some hair =\
imfunsized

Postby sugabanana » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

What about the free hair give-aways, Pay $6 for a raffle to be entered to win 3 free bundles of hair, Here's my paypal addy,
sugabanana

Postby ShiznitNumber1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I found WAY too many videos about the Rain water moisture remy weave (that is a weird name for hair btw, rain wave? really? ), Peeps asking how to de-mattify their rain moisture remy hair.
Noooo Maam!
what, Thats some mess up sh** right there, You cant be a (albeit selace front proclaimed) guru but not give a crap that it isnt what the packet says it is.
Ide be overjoyed if i got some free hair and tbh not give a crap if its pigeon hair, dipped in acid to make it softer then dyed with acid fabric dye to make it a 1b/30, But if you are doing videos talking about the legitimacy of a company and the quality of their goods, I'm sorry NO
Chicken needs to recognise
ShiznitNumber1

Postby iChinaaBanks » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I agree , Exactly, like I've seen people give honest reviews STARTING at one month, not 2 days, Gurus be like: "I've only had the hair in for 2 days ; I love it, its not giving me any problems"
-.- of course not, its NEW HAIR!
iChinaaBanks

Postby LovesLace » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

[b]PHS responded in the comments section of this vid.[/b]
https:// .com/ v=hA372Tar95s
[i][/i]
LovesLace

Found it! Can you make it clicky for me pleaaaase im on my phone!
http:// /ivy- _topic339342_page1.html
pRiNCesSChANeL

Postby WhitWhit86 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

is about to get real, They should be ashamed, but they been getting called out, GphiD08 said in another thread, all they gotta do is Google and they will find out!
WhitWhit86

I agree , Exactly, like I've seen people give honest reviews STARTING at one month, not 2 days,
Gurus be like: "I've only had the hair in for 2 days ; I love it, its not giving me any problems"
-.- of course not, its NEW HAIR! [/td][/tr][/table]
and its probably the best batch the supplier has
Brjasuga51

Postby cocopuffs » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I have seen comments "disappear" that are constructive criticism or
like the other poster (informing the "guru" about the origin of the
hair), I agree with all of the above and would also add 2 more very
irritating pet peeves of mine:
Gurus that don't ever answer their subbies or other viewers' comments/follow-up questions
but are constantly BADGERING, "Don't forget, thumb-me-up, rate, comment
and subscribe."
Gurus with some shakey azz hand held camera that I need dramamine to watch the video, They are usually hollering at the top of their lungs, "Hey , is ya girl xxx, I'm comin' atchoo wit, Get thee to a tripod store,
cocopuffs

Just watched one YT vid and she said no Indian people have bone straight hair then I was about to comment and saw someone else tried to school her but she was like "no Indian people do NOT have bone straight hair Chinese people do", All I could do was laugh at this YTer because clearly she is not informed,
Some Indian people do have bone straight hair that is actually silky and some chinese people have wavy hair.

These YTer think because they got some free hair and the AV is telling them something that it's the truth and now that that they're up on Camera they know all.

SMH, This Percisley the reason I don't take advice from these people if they are not teachin me how to style then everything else they have to say is irrelavent.
GphiD08

Yes, Yes and Yes to everything mentioned ESPECIALLY them reselling FREE hair for $200+ I mean really! ? but I can't even blame them it's the silly people who buy it that allow them to continue doing it.
GphiD08

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAA kandy I feeeeeeeel that I know exactly who your talking about for numbers, 1 & 3 , Lmaooooo
pRiNCesSChANeL

Postby Nadiesca » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

link please
Nadiesca

Postby iChinaaBanks » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Most AV get their hair from China anywy,
iChinaaBanks

Postby BelleAmore » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

This thread has really enlightened me, , I always wondered why EVERY YouTube weave Guru claimed the LOVED all of the hair they recieved, , I mean I have had some nice hair but I still have not found anything that I'm in LOVE with yet,
Thank you ladies for helping a newbie out.
BelleAmore

Postby miiszjanae » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I hate everything but the styling videos?
miiszjanae

Postby kandyse1988 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm glad I seen this thread, I agree with every last post , But I def have a list
1) I hate when a guru talks about hair they got for free and said its great hair, then something negative happens with them and the company, Then they come back and say how the hair is sh*tty etc etc, Then why should I trust everything u say?
2) I hate when they sell hair they received for free, Like how dare you, u didnt work hard for it but u willing to sell it to someone who supports you, subsribe, and follows you everyday hard earned money? Some gurus I respect, and some gurus I don't,
3) personally I don't like when gurus say they are not affiliated with the company and next thing you know they have a vlog up about their time at the studio taking professional pictures and then you see them on the and not only that but the company sends them almost every texture they have, So y am I not supposed to think your affiliated.
4) omg I also dislike when they tell u to rate comment and subscribe and they asses don't respond to a comment, The damn notification shoots to the e mail in their phones, so they can never take the time out to thank you, No some just never have giveaways, But steady want you to do for them that they do t do for u, Most of us know, how to curl and flexi rod now, So what is new that they can provide nothing,
Overall it's just sad they way this hair game is used for exploitation from the gurus to the AV's that sell that loong hair for a 100 percent up charge, Ppl hard earned coins are not nothing to play with, And to add they steady doing these reviews but still purchasing remy hair because they know never a day in their life would they pay 400 for 3 bu does of long length hair
kandyse1988

Postby NemaBee » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

And is it me or are they constantly rotating their uparts/weave ?
How can you possibly give an honest review on the hair if you are only wearing it a few days at the time ?
NemaBee

@ PHS comments and their trolls
GphiD08

Postby TOUSHA11 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

What I hate is when they Try to have Blog Sale and Sale the Hair they got for Free like they giving you some deal, You got it for free so you getting pure Profit, If anything have a giveaway and give the Hair away free you got it free.
TOUSHA11

Postby imfunsized » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Wow that is bold as hell smh begging for hair,
imfunsized

Postby WhitWhit86 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I died at that part? Lmao
WhitWhit86

Postby NeedTresses » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Girl you got me choking over here , I am scared to read the rest of this here in the office
NeedTresses

Postby ShiznitNumber1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

But,
If they are getting free crap hair, lying to get more free hair (and
make money at the same time) which is crap also, Just doesnt make sense
to me?
I would prefer hair that genuinely lasts long thant
doesn't require me to relax the hair to TRY and "fix" the hair, Not
saying PrincesshairShop is a terrible brand, I have never dealt with
them before to say anything.
ShiznitNumber1

And its not even just weave gurus its make-up gurus as well, *cough* tymetheinfamous *cough*
, , charging people to even view your when we can watch the same damn videos for free on [/td][/tr][/table]
[color=]CHARGING TO SEE WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, THEY HAVE LOST THEIR MINDS, OR HAVE BECOME REAL DESPERATE FOR MONEY! ?[/color]
Brjasuga51

THIS!
GphiD08

Postby NARSAddict » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Someone please educate me:
Isn't it against FTC rules to say that you are not affiliated but turns out that you are affiliated with said company?
NARSAddict

PreviousNext

Return to Weaves / Extensions