help with the thinning edges

Postby taren916 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:35 pm

I posted this in hair growth but not much response..
I am noticing my edges are thinning and on one side of my head a spot of hair is gone.... I don't know what to do.
I have purchase MTG and only used it twice while braids where in my head. The spot that is bawled, I didn't notice until after I removed my braids and I am hoping the MTG didn't help bring it out.
What can I do about my thinning edges?
Over all my hair has grown thanks to wearing weave and braids, but my hair line is SHOT!Cry
Should I continue using MTG on my hairline?
Is there something else I can use on my hairline?
Any suggestions are ACCEPTED..
Thanks in advance!
taren916

Re: help with the thinning edges

Postby LyhteHairBeauty » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 am

I just started using the MTG and already noticed the difference in my edges. The hair is growing there. I use it under my weave too, just a dab. I won't know how it's working until I get my weave re-installed. But I hope it doesn't make my hair come out!!!!! I just want thicker hair, not long hair. When I last had my weave removed, I noticed that my hair had gotten really thick and I was delighted. I was wearing it natural, but just before I got this EP installed, I put in a lite texturizer. Just so my left out hair could blend with the EP curly.
LyhteHairBeauty

Postby victomae » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:05 am

I am going to retry MTG and I hope it will thicking my edges.

Right now I am wearing instant weaves and pony(which I am enjoying) until my next install end of the month.

Please let me know how your hair is liking the MTG with your next install.
victomae

Postby La Colocha » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 am

I think you should also try to figure out why they are thinning. So that you can stop it.
Organic root stimulator actually works to grow back edges. I use it all the time while wearing braids/weaves. So that would be an alternative to MTG
La Colocha

Postby slayfresh » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 am

For me, the organic root stimulator temple balm worked wonders! I found this product while I was looking through my moms hair care products and I noticed my edges & baby hairs grew back very quickly after using it. Back then, it cost 12.99 @ most stores but I see a lot of stores selling it for 6.99 - 9.99 these days!
slayfresh

Postby Charz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:15 am

I would suggest just keeping your edges mosturized and not to put any tension (etc from braiding)or even relaxer on your edges. Any of the products suggested above would help as far as keeping them mosturized. Me personally i use Carrot Oil or Olive Oil from Organic Root Stim.
Charz

Postby CreativeOne » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:16 am

You have to keep your edges moisturized and PLEASE do not apply heat to those areas regularly or even chemicals (relaxers)--if you must relax wait until you have a fair enough amount of new growth FIRST! Don't apply products with alcohol in them there. Just get a good light moisturizer--non greasy and keep your edges and your hair beneath the weave moisturized. I use three items for this purpose---KeraCare Oil Moisturizer, Vitapointe, and KeraCare's hair and scalp Glossifier. They are all great on my hair and has these areas thriving with growth.
Also please don't get your edges braided if you can avoid that. I told my stylist that I didn't want ANY of my perimeter contained within the braids. She left all of my perimeter out all around my head and braided small but 'loosely' so there is absolutely no extra tension on my hair or these areas. I don't feel anything on my head at all...the cornrows or the weave. It's very light.
CreativeOne

Postby lwilliams1922 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 am

the actual struggle will come in how to tame those nappy edges once they start back growing w/o applying a relaxerSmile
That's a whole other post, but you should look forward to that struggle because it means that your edges have filled back out!
lwilliams1922

Postby mujerc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:21 am

I don't have that problem at all though and I'm 3 months plus without a relaxer and purposely stretching it out. I use a product called Clubman Spike It Pomade about 2 times per week on my edges and that lies them down and tames them...lol. Because they are moisturized they never get really bad anyway.

I think a good Pomade, that isn't greasy will help those who need it. I'm going to try the Carols Daughter Pomade also because I've heard good things about it..but I will always use the Clubman too.
mujerc

Postby rredict » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am

Well I'm going on 4-5 months post relaxer! I use some of everything to calm this kitchen! Jane Carter Solution has a nice "grease" that I use, also Her are a couple of other things for the hairline: BJ hairline essential cream, Vonte silk effects, miss jessie buttercreme (i hear u can make this yourself!) to name a few. I use absulutely no heat or chemicals. If water and one of these notions doesn't do it then i'm shyt outa luck! My hairline has improved greatly. I use the MTG once a week..Even with all the essential oils I put in there the smell... my oh my
rredict

Postby iheartsmimi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 am

not sure exactly so don't quote me but MTG is sort of like Mane N Tail and is is supposed to make the hair grow. You may way to do a search on MTG. Sorry that's all I know, I've never used
iheartsmimi

Postby missdaniella » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:38 am

I think my edges are thinning due to excessive perming and coloring with my weaves. I normally permed my edges every 3-4 weeks so I could at least greet my patients without them starring at my NAPS! (SMILES)
I will try the organic root stimulator as well as continue to use MTG.
Have any of you tried or used "DOO GRo Stimulating Growth Oil" ?
missdaniella

Postby Rex » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:39 am

I have tried the Doo Grow stimulating oil but it didn't do anything except make my hair oily. I work in the cosmetic dept of a pharmacy, so I think I've tried damn near every ethnic hair care product that we sell lol.

Your edges will grow back, I think at one point -- this happened to all of us. I lost mine twice from using the black bonding glue (5 or 6 years ago) and from using the soft & beautiful texturizing kit (2 years ago) so I really know how you feel. The Organic root stimulator temple balm helped me grow them back and I think that it will help you too
Rex

Postby jamoca5 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 am

I will go out and purchase the organic root stimulator. I guess I can buy this at Sallys or any BSS?
jamoca5

Postby AllAboutMoi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 am

something new...is this the same product that divavocals recommended...i may have to dig it up...hummm...? (the one for beards i may go back to sallys this weekend)

i have just been trying to bring my weave more to the front to cover edges...they not that bad since it is not hot as hell anymore out side hehe sort of just wavy
AllAboutMoi

Postby bellahoney » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:52 am

You know, I'm not sure if DivaVocals was the one to mention it. It's possible. I do remember that someone mentioned the Clubman brand and they did mention the mustache wax and that's why I thought to look it up.
I did in fact buy the mustache wax but when I was ordering I saw this product too (The Clubman Spike It Pomade) and I ordered both. The mustache wax didn't work for me. I still have the whole tube. It did make the hair VERY soft but it didn't slick it down. The Spike it Pomade slicked it down. HTH BTW I couldn't find it at Sally's in my area. I went there to ask and they didn't have it but they didn't have it. Order from Drugstore.com. They are fast with shipping if youc can't find it.
bellahoney

Postby janda » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:53 am

MTG is Mane and Tail Growth. Its not the same as Mane and Tail that you buy at BSS. MTG Its actually used on horses to grown their manes and keep it healthy. The product has been around a long time. It has a bad odor from what I have heard.are Forum. I will try to get the link if you want it. A lot of the ladies over there use MTG and they mix it with other products or use it straight. They seem to have success with it.

Has anyone tried Dr. Miracle's Nape and Temple balm. I think its like $9.99
I have never tried it, but thinking about it. Lemme know.
janda

Return to Weaves / Extensions