How I keep my wig cap in place

How I keep my wig cap in place

Postby reeko43 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 am

How I keep my wig cap in place Make sure that your skin is cleaned and prepped with whatever scalp protector you use.I start by applying red liner tape around the perimeter of my head. Then I apply the wig cap on top of that not quite to the edge of the tape. Then I apply another layer of tape on top of the wig cap against the edge of the first layer of tape. It's a wig cap sandwich. Now I apply my adhesive to my skin as normal. Then apply the lace as usual. I really like this method because the tape not only keeps the wig cap in place, but also provides a little more security than just the adhesive alone. Whenever I have to touch up, it's only a little tiny bit beyond the tape.
reeko43

Re: How I keep my wig cap in place

Postby Napp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:34 am

I think its in the tips and ticks post, but someone posted dropping a tiny dallop of weave bonding glue onto the hair and placing the wig cap on tip. I do this and mine never moves.
Napp

Postby iluvmyNYstyle » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:48 am

I can't wait until my next app...that darn cat rolls up and hurts like heck around the back, maybe this will prevent that.
iluvmyNYstyle

Postby montrese89 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:04 am

I have no idea what just happened with this post...but anyway, I use the nexcare tape. I put the non-sticky side all the around my head...which is basically on the outside of my wrapped hair. Then I put the wig cap onto that...it doesn't stick to my own hair and nothing moves. It doesn't show through the wig cap
montrese89

Return to Wigs