How to lighten the lace

How to lighten the lace

Postby MsMiamiLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 pm

How to lighten the lace
Is it possible to lighten the lace on a unit that's too dark? I'm talking about the lace itself, not the hair color, tho i wouldn't care if it lightened the hair color too. Can a light color Rit dye be used for this? How bout a color remover? Any other suggestions?
MsMiamiLady

Re: How to lighten the lace

Postby IDareT'sHair » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Does this method of using Rit Dye to lighten the lace also turn Yaki texture in to a more Silkier texture?
IDareT'sHair

Postby TriniStarr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 pm

U know i got some of that Rit color remover cause i was hoping it would do the trick. Been nervous about applying it tho. So now that u gave those great instructions i know just what to do.One question : about how long did it take ? I know it depends on the color u starting w/ and color u want to end up with; but an estimate, was it like 10 min or 1 hr? Thanks again, cause i didn't know this was even possible to do. I have 3 AAMH units that have a dark cap and i had just threw them in the hair closet; now maybe i can actually USE them!
TriniStarr

Postby CreativeOne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:37 pm

It takes a min to do the perimeter, which I did. But the change in color happens relatively immediately. You can see it getting lighter as you continue to dab at it. I will post the instructions below.
CreativeOne

Postby slimjuicy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:29 pm

I've been trying to bleach mine all week, and it wasn't working, til I tried this.
Ok, First heat the water, really hot, close to boiling. Then pour it into a container.
Add the rit dye remover and mix it with the water you poured into the container. -(I did this because I didn't want to pour the dye remover into my cooking pot..lol)
Next get a q-tip or better yet the cotton cosmetic applicators. They sell them in CVS. They look like q-tips on one end and they are pointy q-tips on the other end. -(less cotton will come off while you work).
Then dip the q-tip in the mixture and apply it underneath the lace-(dabbing motions). Make sure you don't turn the wig up-side down. hold it right side up and apply the q-tip.
As you look down at it. you will see the knots and lace-(it if is colored) start to get lighter.
When the desired effect is achieved, press the area with a damp towel or rag. To stop the lightening process.
Do this in small sections-(areas) starting at the edge of the wig.
It takes a lil time, but you can see it change as you dab it and you minimize the amount of remover that you get on the roots but keeping the wig upright.
slimjuicy

Postby An_gell » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Great let me know how it works for you
An_gell

Return to Wigs