How long can you wear full lace human hair wigs at a time

How long can you wear full lace human hair wigs at a time

Postby nellababii » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 am

How long can you wear full lace human hair wigs at a time I'm a long time member of the "weave" club . I've know about full lace human hair wigs for a long time now and I'm considering. How long say, on average do you wear the full lace human hair wigs at a time? I've tried to find old postings but searching this question doesn't work out. The thing is I like the long lasts of weaves.5-8 weeks. I know I can't wear one install of the full lace human hair wigs for that amount of time but would 2 weeks work? I just don't think I'd feel like doing it over every couple of days.
nellababii

Re: How long can you wear full lace human hair wigs at a tim

Postby Honeechile » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 am

Depends on how long you can get your tape or glue to hold. My adhesive holds up to two weeks usually, but I like to remove my full lace human hair wigs weekly to maintain my hair and scalp.
Honeechile

Postby MzPrince » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:07 am

I get kinda antsy in the past after 10 days because I had two ill fitting full lace human hair wigs. I have on a new unit that is fitting my head like a glove and I hardly know its on even with 22 inch of hair on it... very comfortable. I'll take 4 more of these please!2 weeks seem very reasonable if you get a good adhesive combo.
MzPrince

Postby HairGirl203 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:14 am

well ain't nobody wearing them 5 to 8 weeks without a boat load of bugger's hanging off the front of their head and looking extremely obvious that your wearing a full lace human hair wig.. that's just not happening.. but it really depends on if you care about your natural hair, which i do so 5 days is tops for me so i can condition and do hair treatments to my own hair.. because full lace human hair wigs give you an opportunity to grow out your own hair and get it healthy if you take care of it, and rest it from the chemicals, and wear and tear on your hair.. if you don't care about your own hair, then maybe 2 weeks at the most with a pretty decent looking application remaining.. after that, adhesive build up is a problem and with the heat its still questionable about having a decent app after 2 weeks..
HairGirl203

Postby nellababii » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:19 am

One more question....it seems that it takes some time to apply the units.....what's an average amount of time? I'm trying to weigh the factors of durability,
nellababii

Postby janettad » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Welcome to the full lace human hair wigs section. I used to wear weaves and like the full lace human hair wigs better. I wear mine for 2 weeks at a time and usually don't secure the nape - just started with the nape a couple of days ago. The full lace human hair wigs definitely feels cleaner because you can really wash it and soak it in the various required solutions. As far as styling is concerned, you can change your hair style and change it back (switch full lace human hair wigs ). They seem a little more expensive at first but they can last for a long time and you can apply them yourself instead of having someone else do it at a cost.It usually takes me 15 minutes to apply mine or less - just depends on how beautiful I feel while I'm doing it. I usually take it off after two weeks in the evening and sleep one night with out it. Then the next day I wash my scalp & hair with an organic shampoo - then I condition/dry my scalp. I wipe my scalp down with Apple Cider viniger or Alchohol depends on whether I have any pustules (sores). Then I tie my head loosly and sit for awhile. When it comes time to apply the unit I just slap a tab of blue liner tape on my scalp (somewhere where the part will not be) and pop it on. I already would have placed the tape on my scalp on the other areas that I like to attach the unit - this part of the app is quick. I put a head band on and hit the road. I usually wear it for the first day and night and I have and excellent app. you can leave this baby at your hairdressers and pick it up later - Now, you CAN'T do that with a weave!
janettad

Postby iluvmyNYstyle » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:27 am

that is a good pt Sweet Gras! No waiting half the day in a salon. You sure can't do that with a weave. And you also brought up a pt I was considering too about the durability of a full lace human hair wigs.Lace fronts just seem to be more fragile. Like coming apart by an ear b/c the ponytail is to tight lol. Loose ones only I guess. I think I'm going to have to try for myself. 1 more question I promise....anyone.....recommended vendor for yaki relaxed remi high quality hair. Not all ridiculously shiny but back from the salon straight/shiny..has anyone tried the "Bey" trick of dying root of unit darker for that naturally grown out hair color?
iluvmyNYstyle

Return to Wigs