How long do synthetic wigs last?

Postby bronzebomb » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:20 pm

I have always been leary of synthetic fiber because I felt like it would look fake and would not keep long but after trying some synthetic fiber weaves the look very natural. How long do synthetic fiber wigs or half wigs keep for you? It is worth to buy a new one all the time or is it better to invest in a human hair wig and have it longer?
bronzebomb

Re: How long do synthetic wigs last?

Postby HijabiFlygirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:22 pm

I've been wondering this as well...I think the longevity of the wigs depend on the type/quality of hair and how its being taken care of..
HijabiFlygirl

Postby HijabiFlygirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:24 pm

I don't know it depends on the style and the hair. I have had some last for about a month or month and a half w/daily wear. By then I'm tired of them anyway. I have a $29.99 limit on wigs . I refuse to spend a lot on them cause I like to change a lot. The ones that I have made are a different story.Also, I've heard that you can rinse them out in the sink with a mild shampoo and shake them and let them dry on the head and they are supposed to be as good as new. Can't vouch for this, cause I just toss mine when they look bad.
HijabiFlygirl

Postby samorya » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:25 pm

The shorter ones last the longest in my opinion. I have a bob wig that I had since last winter and it looks like new. However the longer wigs and the curly wigs, (if long curls) maybe last about a month if you wear them everyday. I think the best alternative is if you have a few wigs so you can alternate.
samorya

Postby Conterria » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:27 pm

I've notice with the straight synthetic wigs I usually get 2-4 weeks out of them and with a curly wig 4-6 weeks, but if there is one I really like I will try and get two so I can keep a fresh look.
Conterria

Postby Conterria » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 pm

I know the straight synthetic fiber wigs I generally get 1-2 weeks out of them and with a curly wig 3-4 weeks, but if there is one I really like I will try and get two so I can keep a fresh look.
Conterria

Postby IDareT'sHair » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 pm

i can get a month out of my synthetic wig if i take it off when i get home and not sleep wearing it.my bf thinks its my hair so i sleep with it. that messes up the wig and i have to go back and purchase another after 2.5 weeks. ($20) now when my bf sleeps over i will put on and "old" wig to bed and put the new one on in the morning.
IDareT'sHair

Postby prettigurl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:34 pm

My Tricks to keep them looking nice, Firstly, Comb with a vent brush and START AT THE BOTTOM when combing. I think people make the mistake of starting from the top. It makes the hair snap and curl up causing it to look nappy. Comb Softly.
Second, Also if the hair starts to look greasy or wild, run under HOT water and use a shampoo like Prell. That will keep it fluffy. Third, The trick is to pin it up when you are sleep...or take it off. They usually get jacked when you have sex in the, they will get matted. Forth,Weather is the worst enemy with synthetic hair. Humidity is the WORST! I have used Victoria Secrets Lotion too and it make makes the hair look more in place and it gives it shine. The sheen tends to fade away during the day and it can make it look too stringy(starts to look like synthetic ),Five, If you start to see nappy sections cut them off are the root because the good hair will start to tangle with the nappy.
prettigurl

Return to Wigs