How to loosen the curl

How to loosen the curl

Postby geejay » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:00 pm

How to loosen the curl If your curly unit it too curly for your taste is there a way to straighten it some. Or can you flat iron a curly unit. I ran a search but that joker aint working right now.I just want to know how to make a curly unit veristle , so that it can be flat ironed at times, if possible
geejay

Re: How to loosen the curl

Postby bronzebomb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm

I would suggest that you wash it and when It's time to dry let it sit on your mannequin head so that the curls will stretch and you can comb it to loose some of the curls so that when it is completly dry you may flat iron it. I don't know how well your curls will do or come back after a few tries of this though.
bronzebomb

Postby Cream Tee » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

What if put some relaxer on the unit, but not leave it on for long?
Cream Tee

Postby Auburn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Do not put a relaxer on it! LOL ! tried that in the back of one of my units and I got just that...relaxed, STRAIGHT hair without a hint of curl LOL.

I would suggest getting some really big hair rollers. Wet the hair, and curl the hair loosely around the hair rollers. Let the hair air dry. That works for my hair
Auburn

Postby Tee » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 pm

no relaxer this isn't black hair.. if you want to use a chemical to loosen the curls it will probably remove the curls.. you can use a apple perm from salley's, i've used it without re-rodding the hair, just let is stay on a few minutes to loosen the curls.. but even with a flat iron, its not guaranteed that a curly unit that is straighten will continue to curl back up, especially after you've done it a couple of times.. it could loose the curl pattern all together.. if your lucky to get a donor with naturally curly hair then the chances of it waving back up are better.. but yours is probably already processed to be curly, so you will be making another chemical alteration, so you need to deep condition if you do that.
Tee

Postby janettad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 pm

I thought you we lost you for a minute! LOL!!!!

DON'T YOU GO NEAR THAT PERM! That thing straightened the hair so quickly that I had to sleep with hair curlers in the back of it so that it would curl by the morning
janettad

Postby Charz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

I've found that my curls loosen if I blow-dry the hair (just a little), while using one of these types of hairbrushes:
Charz

Return to Wigs