How to remove the excess glue?

Re: How to remove the excess glue?

Postby SweetAKA » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:07 am

the glue is relentless when trying to remove...ive tried all the steps to remove and no luck. It literally takes days to remove excess glue, my LF is very fragile along the hairline trying to remove the glue...i noticed the swiss LF are harsh when it comes to the glue, gets in and stays in.
SweetAKA

Postby sensi sweetie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:10 am

Acetone AND my handy dandy mascara brush to take off the excess glue. After the acetone loosens the glue, I'm able to comb the mascara brush down the hair and all the glue stays in the brush. I use this trick for my own hairline too when the glue wants to try and make a home in my hairline.
sensi sweetie

Postby Conterria » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 am

To remove the glue from the lace, flip the lace over where there is no hair, spray some adhesive remover on the glue that is on the unit then take the lace and wipe it against a glass. The glue will come off in 2 seconds. To remove the glue from the glass you will need windex. Just spray windex or use alchohal to wipe the glass.
To remove the glue from your hairline you do the same. Spray adhesive remover then take your head and wipe it across a glass. It might be hard depending on the position of your head and the glass. The glue will come right off, but you will have to keep repeating. It may sound funny with your head wiping the glue off on the glass but it works.
Conterria

Postby Missvw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:19 am

Sounds so crazy, it just might work!LOL I have three units waiting for me to get the glue off the lace and get washed and set. I have been dreading it, but I will try your technique
Missvw

Postby shortdub78 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:26 am

if she means glue in the hairline my suggestion is using a comb dipped in alcohol and gently comb through the hairline. comb down and up using a very small tooth comb. that will seperate the hairs at the hairline and provide an accurate picture of what your hairline is looking like.
shortdub78

Postby shortdub78 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:29 am

I use 91% alcohol and a section of pantyhose to remove glue from my hairline. I dont get the rubbed to long and hard feeling. It real gentle, then you rinse out the pantyhose and hang to dry for use again.
shortdub78

Postby prettigurl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 am

I let the perimeter soak in a bowl for 30 minutes in 91% alcohol. Works everytime!
prettigurl

Postby Conterria » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:35 am

Spray adhesive remover wait for 10 mins then mirror/window slide the unit
Conterria

Postby djanae » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:48 am

Try soaking it in the 91% alcohol and it should come right off...if it is stubborn try using a the spin brush toothbrush (I got that from a BHM sister, I can't remember her name
djanae

Postby chocolatethai » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:54 am

I agree with everyone here, especially the tooth brush trick. I soak in alcohol (be careful with acetone it can melt the plastic that holds the lace) them use brush to loosen. I also spray oboth sides under the lace and on top too to loosen glue HTH.
chocolatethai

Postby Stormy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 am

Perform the mirror slide using saran wrap placed on the mirror. I use about 3 long strips, the length and width of my mirror, after soaking the lace in your choice of cleaning solution (alcohol or acetone), gently rub the lace against the saran wrap that you placed on the mirror, continue each section until all glue is gone, if anymore glue remains, gently brush with a toothbrush dipped in alchol. Your lace should be completely clean. After cleaning, simply remove the saran wrap from the mirror, your mirror stays clean
Stormy

Postby TriniStarr » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:02 am

I have never heard of this mirror slide tip....so glad I peeked in! (taking notes) Thank you sisters!
TriniStarr

Postby chocolatethai » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:04 am

I was thinking about C-22 and a warm blow dryer. I think the extra heat may liquify the glue more. I'm gonna try it on one of my beaters and see how it goes.
chocolatethai

Return to Wigs