HOW TO SEW WIG CLIPS ONTO LACE WIG

HOW TO SEW WIG CLIPS ONTO LACE WIG

Postby nellababii » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:53 am

HOW TO SEW WIG CLIPS ONTO LACE WIG does anyone know how to sew wig clips onto a full lace human hair wig? I have had trouble with my nape application and was thinking if this would be a good idea. Has anyone tried it?
nellababii

Re: HOW TO SEW WIG CLIPS ONTO LACE WIG

Postby Honeechile » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 am

I know that it would be easier sewing it onto an actual Lace Front with the stretch lace in the back, but i'm not too sure about sewing it onto the lace directly. I would think that it would be too fragile and would tear if not handled very carefully.
Honeechile

Postby MzPrince » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:09 am

I actually tried sewing wig clips into a full lace wig, but failed miserably. It took me ages, and then the thread loosened up. I won't try it again, but I know there are a few ladies who do this successfully. Hopefully they will chime in!
MzPrince

Postby HairGirl203 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:12 am

you can do it . if done correctly it should work fine. but you might want to use regular because the clear nylon thread might loosen up due to manipulation
HairGirl203

Postby nellababii » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:20 am

I have tried it in the past using clips that I purchased from Sally's and regular weaving thread. At first I used the nylon thread but the clips would start to loosen over time. Make sure you use a needle that has a head small enough to go through the holes in the clips. I bought weaving needles and when I tried to push the needle through the hole it wouldn't fit Angry so make sure yours is the right size. I only tried this method for a little while because I didn't like the feel of the clips on my hair and after a while it would start to feel sore where I had the clips so I had to keep moving them around on my head. I guess it takes some getting use to and if you are a person who wore clip on hair weaves then this should be no problem for you in terms of comfort.
nellababii

Return to Wigs