How do I straighten my straight full lace human hair wigs?

How do I straighten my straight full lace human hair wigs?

Postby reeko43 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 am

How do I straighten my straight full lace human hair wigs? I don't have a lot of styling experience. And with recent hair loss I'm now wearing full lace human hair wigs. But there's some normal stuff that I'm clueless on.I got an Indian Remy straight full lace human hair wigs. It waves up a little bit when it is wet. So, my first question is: Do i need to buy a flat iron to get it straight again? I tried blow drying it last night and it seemed to get big and puffy and dry. So, I re-conditioned w/Silicon and let it air dry.If I use a flat iron what kind of product do you use to make it look healthy and shiny?And I've never used a flat iron - should I buy any particular kind?
reeko43

Re: How do I straighten my straight full lace human hair wig

Postby Missvw » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:40 am

As far as flat irons go there is a thread under beauty where people are comparing the expensive brands chi and sedu with an inexpensive one fron Walmart - I think it is Andis that only cost $14 and they are claiming works great. I was advised to use the biosilk on hair when flat ironing. I hope this helps.
Missvw

Postby Kenudle » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:49 am

Actually I was wondering approx. how much one would cost that I should use. I thought Biosilk was a shamp/cond. I will look for some kind of Biosilk spray for styling.I won't use it often because I know that heat is damaging - but I was shocked when I washed it and it was so wavy.
Kenudle

Postby ms.blue » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:01 am

there's some products out there that are supposed to protect the hair if you're going to use heat on it like ThermaSilk or Tressame's(sp?) products meant for usage with heat! There's also another flat iron that's called a Maxiglide but you're going to be spending more money and I'm not sure what kind of budget you're working with. For me...I've been using an electric hot comb because I can't hold a flat iron closed to well with my hands so that works well for me because it has a heat dial that goes up to 30 and as far as products...I'm currently using the garnier fructis sleek and shine line.
ms.blue

Postby xavier » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:03 am

you don't realize how lucky you are to have a virgin indian that actually waves up, it doesn't happen often without a chemical process.. most are wanting a virgin indian with a natural wave.. the heat is not good for lf's so be ware of that b4 you get started on that b/c its just not a good thing on a regular that's why air drying is recommended... it no longer has the natural oils that come from a hair follicle attached to this hair, and moisture is extremely important in the life span of a unit.. you can begin to experience breakage and dried out hair quickly.. the maxiglide has steam which locks moisture into the hair shaft and its a flat iron.. a natural wavy virgin indian only comes along when the donor of the hair has a natural wave which is far and few in between
xavier

Postby victomae » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 am

I usually don't put product on my weaves and I won't now w/my full lace human hair wigs. I would flat iron it once a week. However, ever since finding the silicin products i don't need to use heat at all. I wash and condition/nuke and rinse. That alone leaves the hair so silky. No more hair drying, ok?
victomae

Postby macyscorner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 am

my remy is wavy after washing also. After washing I place it on a mannequin and then use a paddle brush or comb to straighten it out while it air dries, maybe twice during the drying process which seems to get it to dry straight. Then again its not super straight like you would get with a flat iron, but I tend to like my hair curly or with some texture added with curling.I would suggest that you not make it a usual. I will have had my remy for a year next month and it is still shiny and bouncy like when I first received. I think its because I roller set and air dry, and my vendor has really great units also.
macyscorner

Postby Cream Tee » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 am

will have had your unit for a year next month??!!! You gotta tell me who the vendor is! I know that for the most part, it's all about how you take care of the unit. But spill the beans girl, (*laughing hysterically, eyes shifting, while biting nails*) LOL who's the vendor. You may pm me if you prefer.
Cream Tee

Postby bronzebomb » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:18 am

This full lace human hair wig was from an American vendor and cost more than the Chinese hookup but I could tell that this was quality hair - so I may wet set it for real curls or wear it naturally wavy and get a cheaper one to wear bone straight.
bronzebomb

Return to Wigs