How to tell if your weave is too tight

How to tell if your weave is too tight

Postby victomae » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:55 pm

How to tell if your weave is too tight OK I got my weave done Monday night. And last night and today its been feeling kinda tight. On certain tracks only though. Because she braided my tracks across, at the very end of some of the tracks I feel it pulling tightly on my scalp. There's a small bump and its a bit pink, too. Does this mean its too tight? Or is this normal and I should just wait a few more days? Would it loosen a bit once I wash it? I still haven't washed it yet. I just rubbed some balm onto the end of the tracks and it feels a bit better, but still really tight.

if you want to place orders or any questions, you can directly email us,
support@wholesalewigsonline.com
victomae

Re: How to tell if your weave is too tight

Postby CreativeOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 pm

I am not sure but if you have those small bumps and from your description, your weave might be too tight! A too tight weave can cause breakage and balding.
CreativeOne

Postby MzRhonda » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 pm

your eyes maybe slanted more than you best "asian" friend.
you look like you have had a face lift,
your head, scalp and "brain" hurtsDead and when you move your head or touch your hair, laugh, smile or breath you have trouble remembering why you put the weave in in the first place cause it hurts so much... that means it's too tight
MzRhonda

Postby nellababii » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 pm

yeah, it sounds like it may be too tight. Sometimes though it can be the tightness from sewing the weft in. You may want to go back to your stylist and tell her is feels tight. I did this and she just re-sewed it tight, but not so tight that it pulled. You don't want to take your weave out in 6-12 weeks and find that you have bald spots!
nellababii

Postby Kusare » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Too tight (a constant head ache, or pain while lifitng your head) I have 18 yr old bald patch from too tight braids. I would also see if you can get either a oil sheen or Organic Root Stimulator Cream in the bottle or Doo gro oil.. putting that on thwe offending tracks will ease the tension some .. but if you also get some temple balm it will also help to nourish that tortured area(at least unitl you can get to your stylist
Kusare

Postby EllePixie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 pm

i agree with the other ladies. it sound like it's too tight. which can cause damage.i had that happen with my old stylist on my first set of extension becuase i didn't know any better. i suggest putting pure shea butter on the area every few days and neosporin the first day and each time you wash. that's what i did. i had no breakage at all. (also helpful not to sleep on the side where it is tight if you can help it)next time make sure you have them braid you looser. the problem i had was that the braids weren't too tight going in, but once she attached the weft, the stiching make it even tighter. so my suggestion is to tell them you are tenderheaded and have them braid it looser. when they sew the hair in it tightens up anyway.
EllePixie

Postby SwingPrincess » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:17 pm

The funny thing is that I only started to feel like that since yesterday morning. Monday evenining, Tuesday and Wednesday I was fine. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that I have been wearing it up since I had it done cuz I didn't want people at work to know.Im going to wash it today and then head to the salon this afternoon cuz it doesn't open until 3.30. Since I put the balm on it most of the bumps have gone down. And it isn't hurting as much as itching now. I'm trying to loosen it a bit myself because its such a hassle to go down to the salon!! Its in the middle of downtown and its always SOO crowded and no parking and its smelly ..not pleasant :( But I think it is just too tight..or maybe even the wefts are just a TINY bit too small for the track..cuz only two tracks feel like that.
SwingPrincess

Return to Weaves / Extensions