How do you finance this habit?

How do you finance this habit?

Postby MooMonSTAR » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:29 am

How do you finance this habit? nquiring minds want to know what are the best careers that are financing these lf? It is so hard for the average person to scrape up the $200.00 for a CV and yet I read where members seem to afford 10 wigs a month?
I am really trying to learn how to figure out the right balance between buying food, paying rent/mortgage and buying wigs? Seems like only if you are a reseller you might be able to afford this habit.Does anyone have these same thoughts? I need to win the lottery or something
MooMonSTAR

Re: How do you finance this habit?

Postby Shaley » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 am

Waiting on stimulus so that I can get my second wig
Shaley

Postby iluvmyNYstyle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 am

I try to set money aside each month after I get paid.....about 50-100 if I can afford it. I ain't gone lie...there was this one time I lived off Ramen and fruit for a week because I purchased unit.
iluvmyNYstyle

Postby LaBelleLL » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 am

10 units a month... well damn.. I buy 1 every 2 months..I have 9 so I don't need to buy 1 every month... I agree with meangirl once you get settled into lf's and esp.once you find the texture that works you are conteny..

But you can always find a vendor that allows you to pay half down.(custom)

Stock wigs are cheaper that can be an option if you can find your size.
LaBelleLL

Postby An_gell » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:54 am

I pretty much have done the same thing as meangirl, my LF habit replaced my old habits. I don't buy as many clothes or get my hair done as much now. I'm finally starting to budget my money better as well.
An_gell

Postby SouthernStunner » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:10 am

I will do the same as you ladies and set aside a little each month or try the custom layway option which is a wonderful idea with a CV.
SouthernStunner

Postby tdwillis » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:14 am

Well I dont know about buying 10 a month, but I do buy 1 - 2 per month..I went out and got a 2nd job, because I am addicted and love them that much...i know i know i need help..but HEY ALL MY BILLS ARE PAID!!!
tdwillis

Postby HijabiFlygirl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:19 am

I wear many hats as far as my employment situation(s) is concerned.
I work a FT corporate job where I bank all of that money (none gets spent on my lf or shopping habits) and I also have two business's that I own and some of that money goes towards my lf habit and the rest goes into designated accounts.
The bills are paid and nothing gets turned off.

I don't know about 10 lf's in a month but I did get 3 in less than 3 weeks. Geez I feel weird typing that.
HijabiFlygirl

Postby Kenudle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 am

CHILE there is NO BUDGET when it comes to lookin good!!..lol if u got it spend it...
Kenudle

Postby reeko43 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 am

10 in a month is alotShocked I've purchased 10 in one year (last year) but never in a month .
reeko43

Postby wheezy807 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:34 am

bump all that stuff. i got 2 men on the side that run me some money to buy mine (when i was knee deep in it-shout out to P-Funk on that one!).Big%20smile

i say if you got to put on those clear acrylic 6 inch heels and grease up the pole, DO YOU MAMA!

**running to dust off my six inches over in the corner
wheezy807

Postby IDareT'sHair » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:37 am

Originally posted by meangirl76

I have never bought 10 lfs a month, but I hear what you are saying. My lf habit has replaced my old habits with clothes. Plus, as you get more settled into lfs you do slow down on your purchases.

I couldn't agree more ---early on I ran through units bc I didnt know what I was doing or I experimented too much ( for those who have seen my beaters you know what I mean); now I'd like to think I know better & care for the units better so the need to buy has decreased

That being said there are so many lovelies out there it IS hard to resist but gotta fight the urge
IDareT'sHair

Postby janda » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 am

I couldn't agree more ---early on I ran through units bc I didnt know what I was doing or I experimented too much ( for those who have seen my beaters you know what I mean); now I'd like to think I know better & care for the units better so the need to buy has decreased

That being said there are so many lovelies out there it IS hard to resist but gotta fight the urge
janda

Postby Kiwi2g2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 am

I buy and if it's not quite right I sell to buy more. I bought 2 today but I also sold 2 this week. Important if your not sure about a wig you've bought don't cut the lace. reduces the value
Kiwi2g2

Postby wheezy807 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:34 am

I thought I was the only one dusting off those heels
wheezy807

Postby Goldenprincess » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 am

Don't forget the freakum dress since your dusting off those sexy @ss heels.
Goldenprincess

Postby Ravengirl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:38 am

HIS WILL BE MY FIRST ONE. I HOPE I DON'T GET TO BUYING TOO MANY.
Ravengirl

Postby Goldenprincess » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 am

let me ask this .. some lace units vendors say their lace wigs last up tp 6 months to a year.. are they lying about that are something .. how come some of you are buying them sooo often, i know someone said that they had to buy another because of the care... i just was about to buy a lace front for my mom and i .... and now i am afraid we will mess it up
Goldenprincess

Postby Nubialady » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 am

Options, too many options that is what will keep us buying. Trust me the CV know what they doing they are hair masters.
Right now lf is new, so many ladies including myself are going through what I call the "Discovery" phase. We all striving to discover how to perfect this lf craft for that flawless look.

However, this discovery phase I am in, has a price associated with it and until you get that perfect lf or a collection of perfect lf's, the buying and the urge to buy continues... It is really hard as every 30 days the lf's are getting betta and betta.
Nubialady

Postby An_gell » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:43 am

i think its all about saving and sacrificing on other stuff you normaly do.
An_gell

Postby JDenni81 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:44 am

I have some Cvs for over one year now. But I rotate often, so of course they would last longer than 6 mos. The ones I don't love I give away/sell/etc.

Also, there will always be a vendor you want to try. For me, that's CLW. But Bless keeps me coming back.
JDenni81

Postby Kiwi2g2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 am

I used to be addicted to beer, clothes, and bingo. Now my obsessions are beer and lfs. I know the hall is missing my 100 dollar a week habit, they been calling me (online and offline). I blame you lovely ladies for turning a sister out.
Kiwi2g2

Postby mandapanda » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:48 am

I bought 3 in 3 weeks as well. My first 3 - so dont feel bad. Im a CPA but its still too high. I told my husband Im going to make it up on what I would save from going to the beautician.

WS - I was thinking of going into the lf business on the side to support my habit. It is a true addiction. I still want to buy your LY and a few others - Wink . You know we probably could do this - look at Breh and LadyDi. With us both being in Chi - we could give Holly a run for her money!
mandapanda

Postby TayMac » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:50 am

we got to do the business thing cause I am a project manager and I still can't afford this addiction. I think I am a lf for lifer cause I switched from weaves to lf and never looked back..Sleepy

My husband is in a motorcylce club (#1 Stunnas) here in the chi and what the club members do to support they habit is buy and sell they old bikes for new. Mind you, this is a 10-20K habit cause they got to do something to the bike every year -- to show off every summer.

The club members also have a swap network on they website and they sell new and used to each other just like we do. The only way to support our addiction is to keep our network going and continue to buy from each other and sell to each other!
TayMac

Postby iheartsmimi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:53 am

I WOULD USE THE MONEY I WOULD HAVE USUALLY SPENT ON CLOTHES THAT MONTH TO BUY A UNIT OR SAVE UP .

nOW I AINT GOT JACK, ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAD TO QUIT MY JOB CAUSE OF A dRAGON OF A BOSS.

bUT I FOUND THIS NEW VENTURE THAT I'M TRYING TO USE TO EARN SOME MONEY ON THE SIDE ONLINE - HOPE FULLY WITH THIS I CAN AFFORD TO ADD SOME NEW UNIT TO MY COLLECTION SOON.

I HAVE 4 UNITS SO FAR AND I'M CRAVING MORE , MORE , MOREConfused.

HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WEAR THE ONES I HAVE IN 6 MONTHS OR MORE - nO TIME FOR PROPER ATTACHMENTCry , BUT I STILL WANT MORE.
iheartsmimi

Postby samorya » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 am

I am an extra hard worker, so I save up and by 1 or 2 every two months. I would buy more but I have bills.
samorya

Postby LilMissRed » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:56 am

I agree that the urge to buy, dies down a little after the first couple purchases. I just bought two and I have my eye on two more, then I think I will be set for the summer (unless I really screw up the ones I have). I can finance the habit pretty easily, the trouble I have is sneaking the purchases past my husband. He found out one of my units was $200 and flipped out- if he knew about the ones I paid $700 and $1500 (before I knew better) he would have a heart attack!!!! LOL I am trying to learn how to do app myself, so I addition to saving money at the salon, I am saving my time (which I think is more valuable) so I am not spending hours sitting at a salon or being at the mercy of my stylists' schedule.
LilMissRed

Postby TriniStarr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:57 am

how about I would always say ' i would never hide anything i bought from my husband (I was no where near married), i work too, shoot i don't care blah blah'.

Girl, when i got married, and my husband starting remembering how many times ups would come by, or the mailman would make special trips with large envelopes, I smartened up real quick!

Now he's like, who is Yolanda, and how come she is always sending you something?
TriniStarr

Postby TriniStarr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 am

yes ma'am! the freakum dress is a must! don't forget to have your back out- you might get more $$$ that way!
TriniStarr

Postby Mz.MoMo5235 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:00 am

On the husband thing- I am having my next purchase go to the office. I bought 3 lfs in the last month all sent to my house plus all the accessories - adhesives, tapes, wig heads, and trips to Wally world and the BSS to get RIT and SH products. My husband is at home when the mail comes most of the time and he has already said - "how much is all of this stuff? Ok, don't say anything when I start buying sh*t" - He is always buying some type of man-toy like a remote control truck that cost $300 or a drag race car that cost $10K. So he sees my little hundred dollar packages and starts justifying his large purchases. So I have to hide it. He wont know the difference in the lf's when he sees them anyway. I never ever hide clothes or anything like some women I know, but hair is a different story - I am addicted.
Mz.MoMo5235

Postby PositivelyRadiant » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:02 am

I've always had a 'hair' budget whether is was for salon visits, weaves or now LFs. I also try to sell my old units here.
PositivelyRadiant

Postby Auburn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:04 am

now how can I get Rex to list Yolanda as the sender on my packages!
Auburn

Postby Serenity_Peace » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:06 am

I know, my husband just got over his Harley Davidson kick and I don't want him to use my lace wig addiction as an excuse to start up again. I can't have packages delivered to my office cuz the staff opens the mail and then my secret would be outWink. I need to get Meangirl to hip me to the trick of having her packages send from "Yolanda"
Serenity_Peace

Postby Serenity_Peace » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:07 am

I think you should be able to afford the commitment before taking the LF plunge. As far as financial priorities go, hair is something bought with extra funds, not scraped together funds. There's nothing cute about substituting the electric bill payment for hair IMHO
Serenity_Peace

Postby JDenni81 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 am

Well I am an Occupational Therapist so I've never had to scrape and funds together to buy a unit. But I will admit that before I discovered BHM and the highly talked about CV's I was buying LF's from AV's and spending waaaaaaaaay too much on my units. So now I am able to get multiple units from the CV's for the price of one from the AV's. The amazing LF Vets on this forum have turned me out
JDenni81

Postby prettigurl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:10 am

look just give your lace wig a name go get a birth certificate and a social security card and claim it on your taxes as a child from the you get EIC save it for the wig supplies you gotta buy throughout the year
prettigurl

Postby PositivelyRadiant » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 am

I too am blessed to have a profession that affords me the opportunity to purchase LW. I have worn weaves forever and always purchased high end hair (EPRT) and had it professionally installed. So thanks to all of the FAB ladies here I am actually saving money by wearing LW and doing my own installs.
PositivelyRadiant

Postby EPITOME » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:13 am

Some people want to look good but cannot afford the upkeep of Lace Wigs. I had one crazy customer aksing if it was possible for her to pay me half of the money for the wig but give her the wig to wear before she can afford to pay the other half I was like
EPITOME

Next

Return to Wigs