ITCHING UNDER LACE WIG

ITCHING UNDER LACE WIG

Postby slayfresh » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 pm

ITCHING UNDER LACE WIG Can someone please tell me what to apply on my hair so that it does not itch under the lace wig? It's driving me crazy.
slayfresh

Re: ITCHING UNDER LACE WIG

Postby AllyOrNotAlly » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 pm

You can use scalp while the wig is on .Is a liquid you can put true the lace
AllyOrNotAlly

Postby Missvw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:18 pm

I know I am bad but I apply one of those metal pins you use to pin down the full lace human hair wig to a syrofoam mannequin head. I mean I KEEP metal pins everywhere, in my purse, on my desk at work, in my car, my beside table.When I wore weaves I applied hair pins, but of lace course with lace I don't want to puncture the lace, the metal pins are thin enough not to puncture the lace but blunt enough that they don't tear up my scalp.I only keep my wigs on for about a week at a time but I have not found any way to stop the itching!
Missvw

Postby Lucie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:21 pm

I apply all my hair growth stuff on my scalp and hair and them put the wrap foam on and tie it down to dry. When it is dry I put the Scalpicin on. It has a point and is in liquid form so it gets to the scalp through the wrap and does not disturb it.I wear my wig for six to nine days as I will go crazy if I cannot wash my own hair.
Lucie

Postby SwingPrincess » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 pm

I had itching for the first time today. I consider it might have been the Base Bond which I had not applied before.But, the bond king says the itching comes as the adhesive starts getting air when the bond breaks down.were you lace human hair wigs in a previous life ?
SwingPrincess

Postby Aggie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 pm

I generally bow to the Bond King but I used to get itching from the get go so I doubt that is the only reason. I did an application with a wig lace cap once and had to take it off in a few hours, cause itching. But I am weird so don't mind me
Aggie

Postby booty66 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:36 pm

I apply Lenzi's request and a host of other product before my wrap or braid and cap. I have been actually lucky thus far. I fear as soon as I post this my head will soon itch.
booty66

Postby curlycoilycandi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:40 pm

I know some of you are going to say "she put what in her scalp?", but I posted a question about two to three weeks ago about this same problem and someone suggested that I apply Monistat creme on my scalp for the itching. I instantly thought how could this yeast infection creme kept my scalp from itching, but believe it or not it actually cured my itching right away. I bought the seven day monistat which has more in the tube, I just rinsed and dried my hair and applied the creme to my scalp, wrapped my hair flat, place the lace wig cap on, and applied my front lace. After my first time using the creme, it was weeks before my scalp itched and when it did, it was not as intense as it was before I used the creme.
If anyone else have tried this, please respond.
curlycoilycandi

Postby Cream Tee » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:10 am

I am with SB on this one. i do my entire "hair growth section" routine before putting on my unit. Wash, condition, wrap dry, oil scalp(not too much), then rewrap my hair and apply unit. i have used theat Monistat/MN like combination in my essential oils "thing". it works wonders for my itching, but again what works for me might not work for you.
Cream Tee

Return to Wigs