Silky, soft, smooth hair. how do you achieve it?

Silky, soft, smooth hair. how do you achieve it?

Postby nellababii » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Silky, soft, smooth hair. how do you achieve it? We all know that when you first get your full lace human hair wigs, the hair is really nice.But after a few washings, it is just not the same. I need some help here.Every week I use a clarifying shampoo and follow it with a deep treatment (silicon mix of course).Mid week I wash it with a conditioning shampoo.I do a bleach bath when it seems to be a little tangled.But no matter what I do the hair looks dull and lifeless. How can I get that silky, smooth looking hair like it had when I first go it. It's only been 2 months with this one full lace human hair wigs.I am using John Freida serum. I tried S curl, but it gets clammy. Maybe using too much?
nellababii

Re: Silky, soft, smooth hair. how do you achieve it?

Postby LaBelleLL » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 pm

I think that washing the lace front often may make it lifeless. Right now I only shampoo about once every 2-3 weeks. I will wet it and put conditioner or silicon mix on it every week, but I don't use the shampoo because it really seems to dry the hair. I think that will help to preserve the life and make it last longer also. Hope that helps!
LaBelleLL

Postby Lucie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:10 pm

but when you don't wash it, doesn't it start to look dull? mine does which is why i was washing it at least twice a week.i don't use the shampoo full strength though... i dilute it to about 25 percent shampoo. my job is very, very dusty, the road is not paved and we have a large construction yard with lots of machinery, so i have to wash it or it's pretty nasty.maybe that's why it doesn't have that shiny look?
Lucie

Postby Cream Tee » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:12 pm

maybe the dust from your job is affecting it. I can see why you would want to shampoo so often! I use conditioner like shampoo, it has enough detergents to clean the hair, I actually do this on my natural hair as well. I use a cheapie one like Suave milk and honey, rinse it out, then deep condition with the silicon mix. I will use shampoo only when I have used a lot of styling products for roller sets so that I can start fresh.
Cream Tee

Postby PositivelyRadiant » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 pm

i have been using Tresemme' smooth and silky shampoo and conditioner, its new in their line of hair products and its at the drug store..its really very good, so good that for my chinese virgin remy that i don't want to be very silky i won't use the conditioner, i just use the silicon mix, because i can tell it makes its silkier than i want it to be.. i want the virgin chinese remy to be more in its natural state without too much silk and shine so i won't use that conditioner, but on my wavy units i always use it all, shampoo and conditioner...and with the generic matrix silicon shine spray or the do grow shine polish spray while wet and let it dry, it makes it moist and it shines afterwards.. i promise you! and i have to say i always used biosilk, but this is much better and less expensive.
PositivelyRadiant

Postby CreativeOne » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:18 pm

There is also a product called Nearly Natural. You can get it at Splitends. I haven't used it yet, but I ordered 2 bottles because it got such great reviews from the board. You apply it before you condition. I'm also a product junky and I know I'm in the right place in this board.
CreativeOne

Postby VirGoViXxEn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm

I decided to put this full lace human hair wigs aside. I am not having any luck with wavy/curly full lace human hair wigs . I killed my first one when I tried to bleach the knots. I had to send the second one back to the vendor because it turned into a rat's nest after one washing. And this last one just looks really dull.I am wondering if it has something to do with the fact that we have hard water here.
VirGoViXxEn

Postby tdwillis » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:23 pm

I use the green on my daughters hair when it's curly and it has really tamed her hair tremendously. I also use it on my wavy full lace human hair wigs..
tdwillis

Return to Wigs