Sleeping in your full lace human hair wigs

Sleeping in your full lace human hair wigs

Postby MsMiamiLady » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Sleeping in your full lace human hair wigs I was wondering if tieing down your unit around the perimeter with a scarf nightly helps the adhesive to last.I am experimenting tying me down nightly (except when I fall asleep).Vets and Newbies about to be vets how do you sleep in your full lace human hair wigs.And does anyone have any instructions for braiding up a unit at night for beautiful waves the next day.
MsMiamiLady

Re: Sleeping in your full lace human hair wigs

Postby slimjuicy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

I have been sleeping in my full lace human hair wigs, and tying them down lightly makes a huge difference. It helps the baby hairs lie down properly thus cutting back on styling time in the morning. It does help increase the hold time of adhesives cause it controls excessive tugging and pulling of the full lace human hair wigs and controls the hair itself. It reinforces the application nicely.However out of laziness or in an exhausted state,I have slipped into bed without tying it down and I have known a difference.If I do not tie it down with a scarf, I place on a satin sleep cap.
slimjuicy

Postby nellababii » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Tying your full lace human hair wigs around the perimeters at night will help. I am a sweater so it really helps me. You should see a difference in the time frame of the hold. I hope all is well with you MoreHair.
nellababii

Postby mzsophisticated » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Yes I do notice a difference when I do not tie my hair at night. It last much longer when you get in the habit of tying down at night as was previously stated. I put my waves in three braids at night, right left and middle back, the waves are nice when I un braid in the morning, all I have to do is spray a lil water silicon leave in and run my fingers through it and go.
mzsophisticated

Postby macyscorner » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:11 pm

I sleep in mine with rollers too ! For braiding, the bigger the braids the deeper the wave, I spritz my wavy with a bit of plain water and pull some Shine through it. Then braid one braid in the crown and two braids going straight down in the back. You know, like my Mama sent me to school with ! Or you can do a three tail ponytail stacked above each other, I also wrap it with a roller or pin curl it on the end pulling it up and pinning it to my head.Wave Queen, our high school graduate, sold me a unit and when it arrived it was braided with rubber band things on the end. She had used Wet and Wavy gel or mousse on the full lace human hair wigs, and you could not beat the waves down with a hammer !
macyscorner

Postby ILuvWeave » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:20 pm

When I wear straight units I wrapped them like a did to my weaves. Not only are the edges hooked, but the hair has body. Lets not even talk about the hair being layered!
ILuvWeave

Postby weavequeen83 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:26 pm

I sleep in my full lace human hair wigs all the time, never experienced my full lace human hair wigs detaching or slipping yet. I apply a silk scarf and fold it into the pirate triangle, and tie it around my head so it can be tight around the perimeter. I consider wearing it tight helps my adhesive last longer since it presses the lace into the glue better. I tie the scarf around the perimeter after doing my apps as well. I only have to re-apply once a week, and even then, my lace is not loose.
weavequeen83

Return to Wigs