my step mom want to use tar grease in my 9month old niece ha

my step mom want to use tar grease in my 9month old niece ha

Postby Cherrylicious2010 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:10 pm

my step mom want to use tar grease in my 9 month old niece hair
seeing that my baby who is only 6 months with a HEAD full of curly does not have any bald spots or lack of hair from pulling (she pulls eveyone else hair but hers lol) and then i have a niece who is 9 months n she has only a little bit of hair n the middle of her hair (which is very course) which make a tiny ponytail
my step mom wants to use tar grease in her hair to make it grow more...i am really again seeing as she is little n her has not even finish growing what to do
Cherrylicious2010

Re: my step mom want to use tar grease in my 9month old niec

Postby Mz.MoMo5235 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Tell her that she doesn't have the right to put any chemicals in or on a child that she did not birth. Grandmother mother and if the child's mother doesn't have an issue with it then neither should she.
Mz.MoMo5235

Postby Stormy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Ds is just getting peach fuzz and he's 19 months - tell her to leave it alone. The chemicals in that product will be absorbed directly in the little baby's body - if you would not feed it to her you should not be putting it on her skin.
Stormy

Postby MrsS » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:13 pm

my niece's mom is totally responsible n would probally care less....but in the long run she decided against it cuz she actually thought about hoe it would affect her
MrsS

Postby Demi 1974 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Pine tar in itself is not bad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_tar
It can be used to treat eczema/psoriasis. I don't think I would use it on someone that young without a really good reason (and after doing a skin test to gauge reactions to it). There are little ones who may be allergic to stuff. Now if she had really bad eczema I may try it instead of giving her prescription creams to treat it, but her hair will grow on its own so I wouldn't try it. But, I just want to note that pine tar in and of itself is not bad.
Demi 1974

Return to Hair Care Tips & Product