What is a lace front and what is a closure?

What is a lace front and what is a closure?

Postby bellahoney » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 pm

What is a lace front and what is a closure? What is a lace front and what is a closure? What are the benefits of something like this over a weave? How much time is involved if I do this myself? How expensive is it and how long does it last? If someone runs their hands through it can that person tell it is not my hair? I have more questions but I'll stop there for now.
bellahoney

Re: What is a lace front and what is a closure?

Postby TriniStarr » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:20 pm

The specs on a closure are possibly 3.5 inch x 3.5 inc. It does not cover the entire front hairline; it is meant to just address the area where you might want to part the hair. The specs on a lace frontal are 13 inch x 5 inch or something in that range. Tracks can be used behind the frontal to complete the style.A lace front wig may have adjustable straps or combs on the back, and it will cover the entire head, but may not have the realistic appearance in the back, nor is it guaranteed to allow a HIGH ponytail.A full lace wig is intended to cover the entire head, and is meant to be secured via adhesive around the entire perimeter, this will give the most natural hairline and allow a HIGH ponytail.
TriniStarr

Postby naturalmanenyc » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:32 pm

I am feeling rather daunted by all the options and I am at a loss about what to do. I appreciate all the help I can get. What do you mean by weaves with no hair out instead of a horseshoe?How long can you wear the lace front? Do you leave it on all the time, sleep in it and everything?
naturalmanenyc

Postby Mz.MoMo5235 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:41 pm

u know how when u get a sew in u leave hair out to cover the tracks? with a closure u can braid it all, attach the closure, and that covers everything AND is a perfect blend
Mz.MoMo5235

Return to Wigs