Why can't I part my Lace Front on the side

Why can't I part my Lace Front on the side

Postby MooMonSTAR » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:35 am

Why can't I part my Lace Front on the side I have a chinese light yaki and It would not allow me to part my hair on the side( either side). I have even parted it while wet, tied a scarf down, spritz it and held it with clips. The hair still tries to revert back the other way. The part seems as if it is stuck down the center. Can anyone give me ideas or a reason as to why this happens? I TRIED YOUR METHOD AND IT WORKED!. NOW I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT LAYERED AND CURLED.STEPS: I parted the LF where I wanted it to be( while attached did not want to disturbed my 3 day hold...lol..), I got a spray bottle with leave in conditioner, wet the area by the part and combed in the direction I want to part. Once the hair layed in the direction I wanted it, I got a toothbrush to brush it down close to the roots, lightly blowed dried on cool setting until slightly damped then tied a scary on it. 3 hrs later my part stayed in place. I have been able to change my part everyday.
MooMonSTAR

Re: Why can't I part my Lace Front on the side

Postby slayfresh » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 am

When I change my parts from either side or middle, I make the part where I want it, comb the hair over and with a curling iron(not too hot)press down the hair on both sides of the part. You also need to smoove the hair on both sides so it will lay the direction you want.
slayfresh

Postby Sleek » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:41 am

This was a stock unit from Holly that I brought from another member so I don't think it was requested for a specific.
K-star-thanks, I actually tried that this morning Annaliciasmommy- I think it was ventilated for a middle part because I spend more than 30 minutes to try and get the part to stay and it will not

Thanks ladies! So for future reference, How do I make sure the stock unit can have freestyle parts( especially from a CV)?
Sleek

Postby jazzired » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 am

if you're getting a stock unit, make sure you communicate with the vendor and ensure it is going to have freestyle parting before you actually order it.
jazzired

Postby janettad » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 am

I'm sorry that you're having problems with your new baby. I got it to part on the side, although it was kinda close to the middle. Where are you trying to part the hair on the side. Can you give us a picture of what you are talking about?
janettad

Postby slimjuicy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:50 am

Wow! I just assumed all stock units were freestyle...I guess I better be more specific when ordering. Thanks for the info.
slimjuicy

Postby prettypearl20 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:01 am

It would be highly unusal to get a stock that is not freestyle., but not impossible. When you shampoo the hair, while it is wet, make your part. Where it is naturally parting and you don't want it, mis xome water and conditioner in your hand and smooth it close and / or pull a wig cap onto the unit. Let it dry. This might help you out. You have to correct it while the hair is wet.
prettypearl20

Postby ChocolatePie777 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:02 am

Don't get me wrong, I love the unit, I just wanted to try out a different part. okay let me posts some
ChocolatePie777

Postby smokahontas » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:07 am

I have a permanet part that seems impossible to get rid of, I will try this next I wash and cond.
smokahontas

Postby ILuvWeave » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:08 am

I was having difficulties with my side parts too!
ILuvWeave

Return to Wigs